Friday, November 12, 2010

"The Umpire Strikes Back" New Diva Hand Gesture to be Unveiled Tonight!


So, tonight's a big gig for Bucket of Honey. I've already papered facebook, but today is my day to blog so here's a little more paper. Nothing much going on other than that. Some things I have been working on lately as a musician are diva hand gestures. Yeah, Nate's been on me about having my hands in my pockets all the time. You know, as an actor, it's a little challenging being up there onstage and not be playing a character. So, I guess your the first to know, tonight I intend to play a character. Been doing a little research on the net, Mary J., Celine, Mariah, Whitney, the list goes on. Found a couple articles with some helpful suggestions, head dresses, bling, arching the back. Well, I've been perfecting my own move. I plan to try it out tonight on stage. I call it, the umpire strikes back. It's kinda like a great big "Yooooourr OUT!" hand gesture that I hope will really emphasize whatever I'm singing. I'm a little nervous about it. Wish me luck.

While doing some research I came across this bar graph which clearly depicts popular diva's levels of emotion while singing. I'm gonna be on this bar graph someday, I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. Jordin Sparks doesn't even deserve be on that list. One of those things is not like the other.

    It'd be cool if after you do your gesture Nate gets in your face and starts yelling at you and kicking dirt on your cleats. OK, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no. I agree, I should kick dirt... I'll see if I can make that happen!

    Nate b

    ReplyDelete